From FDNAPI Wiki
Nepal announced it would set up a DNA database in 2009, but there has been no activity in this area for some time.
- External links
- Privacy International: Nepal: Privacy issues (22nd October 2012)
- Biotechnology Society of Nepal's Blog: World DNA Day: Biotech Youth Meet 2011 (28th April 2011) In the program Mr. Jivan Rijal from NAFOL stressed the need of DNA Databank for crime investigation, identification of missing individuals and wildlife management.
- Devex: Nepal, Forensic Legal Specialist (1-2 weeks) (March 2011)
- NAFOL: All kinds of DNA testing within a month (31st October 2010)
- Nepal Law: DNA tests start from Sunday (14th January 2006)
- Press articles
- The Himalayan Times: NP begins DNA test for solving crimes (29th April 2014)
- DC Nepal: DNA testing service halted (25th July 2011) The only machine in the country to test DNA has been nonfunctional for the past six months. The equipment imported from an American company Applied Biosystem and placed at Nepal Academy of Science and Technology (NAST) in Lalitpur has failed to support operational software since January and requires 2 million rupees to install it.
- Republica: Of disappearances, and forensic science (24th December 2010)
- The Himalayan Times: DNA data bank to curb crime on cards (20th May 2010)