The international policing agency, Interpol, conducts surveys of its member countries' use of DNA. Interpol also manages DNA data exchange between countries. By the end of 2012, Interpol's DNA Gateway contained more than 136,000 DNA profiles contributed by 67 member countries. However, use of Interpol's DNA Gateway is relatively limited and regional and bilateral agreements on automated DNA profile matching have been expanding rapidly: see International resources.
- External links
- Interpol: Forensics
- Mestman R (2012) Interpol DNA Hit Catches International Serial Rapist - Only the Second Interpol DNA Hit with the United States
- Interpol: Interpol Handbook on DNA data exchange and practice (2009)
- Interpol: International DNA exchange (ppt) (September 2009)
- Interpol: Global DNA profiling survey: Results and analysis (2008)
- Interpol: Global DNA database inquiry: Results and analysis (2002)