From FDNAPI Wiki
Revision as of 14:40, 18 May 2014 by Admin
Mauritius passed DNA database legislation in June 2009. It includes convicted offenders and suspects. Suspects' DNA profiles can be held for ten years.
- External links
- Press articles
- Lexpress: L'expert qui ne demande qu'a aider le pays (15th August 2013)
- Le Defi: Criminal sentencing must be reviewed (15th October 2010)
Interview with Dr Satish Boolell, head of police medico-legal services. Includes comments on plans for a DNA database.
- Lexpress: DNA Bill: Des deputes s'interrogent sur l'independance du FSL (8th July 2009)
- Lexpress: Projet de loi sur l'ADN: Paul Berenger demande un Select Committee (1st July 2009)
- Defi Media: DNA database sparks fears (19th June 2009)
- Lexpress: Navin Ramgoolam: "La reforme electorale pas une priorite dans le contexte actuel" (7th April 2009)The Prime Minister announced on April 7th that there will soon be a bill on DNA testing in Mauritius.
- APA: Mauritius parliament expected to pass DNA identification law (6th April 2009)