From FDNAPI Wiki
Malta is in the process of setting up a DNA database (a requirement of the EU Pruem Decisions).
The European Network of Forensic Science Institutes' 2013 report records that no DNA profiles are yet stored on the database.
- External links
- Press articles
- The Malta Independent: Watch: Crime Scene Investigation training for members of forensics department (5th July 2016)
- The Independent: Forensics were used in around 2,500 police cases in 2014 (25th March 2015)
- Times of Malta: Genetics experts say 'no gap in DNA tests' (18th September 2013)
- Times of Malta: Justice Minister hopes migration squabble with Italy is a 'closed case' (19th April 2011)
- Times of Malta: Police to receive DNA analysis equipment as crime rate rises (18th April 2011)
- Times of Malta: Euros 4.8m from EU for illegal immigration projects (5th November 2010)
- Times of Malta: Police get funds to set up DNA database (13th March 2009)